JOB TITLE: Project Engineer
REPORTS TO: General Manager
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Project Engineer assists with project management and contract administration and is considered a Project Manager in training.
CORE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of landscape and construction operations
- Able to deliver professionally written and verbal correspondence with customers, vendors, and team members
- Effective listening skills to understand what our customers are looking for as a contractor and/or a subcontractor
- Able to communicate the needs of our customers to our team members
- A positive attitude when faced with challenges
- Team-oriented, cooperative, and collaborative
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Work in an organized and proactive manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal, written, and persuasive skills to motivate teams; work effectively with diverse groups
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A High School Diploma or equivalent, landscape and construction experience, and one (1) year minimum experience as an Estimator and/or related industry administrative role.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk and listen
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands, arms and fingers
- Required to move up to 40 lbs.
- Constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
- Use hands/fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, and position materials
- Specific vision abilities are required; including close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus